Toadstool Curio Blog
The home of an ecclectic range of paper, digital, fabric and yarn crafts, plus a few mixed media projects to spice things up a bit!

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Simple Sun Dress




Whenever I am organised enough, I like to make handmade gifts. Of course, not everyone appreciates them, but hey, I enjoy making them! My daughter Purdey has been a really popular little girl since starting at infants school this year. She gets invited to so many parties, which means sooo many presents! For her friend Maya's 5th birthday, Purdey told me that she wanted me to make Maya a pretty sun dress. I made a simple smock-topped dress in 100% cotton, which had co-ordinating wide ruched straps which can be worn on the shoulder, off the shoulder or with the straps tucked in to make it, well, obviously, strapless! Luckily, my wonderful Brother ES2410 sewing machine is a whizz at smocking, so it was a joy to whip up this little number.

As usual, the dress is modelled reluctantly by Purdles in our, rather overgrown, backgarden. Having given this dress a road-test, Purdey then demanded I make her atleast two, frogmarching me to my fabric stash so that she could pick out exactly what they should be made from. She most certainly is her mother's daughter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment