Toadstool Curio Blog
The home of an ecclectic range of paper, digital, fabric and yarn crafts, plus a few mixed media projects to spice things up a bit!

Sunday 16 October 2011

In Stitches






Sometimes it is good to send people a card as a way of letting them know that they are in your thoughts. More personal than the usual text or email. Certainly nicer through your letterbox than a credit card bill or road tax reminder!


I came across some old photos recently and I thought I would send a copy to a friend to remind her of old times and to let her know she is in my thoughts. Rather than just emailing them or posting them on their own, I have made a card which will help them to stay uncreased in the post.


This week's Charisma Cardz challenge has the theme of 'In Stitches', which can be real or faux and I am a fan of both. My card has real zig zag stitching across the paper to highlight the 'remember' sentiment, but I chose to make it quite random-looking to fit the style of the distressed paper. I also sewed the purple button onto the ribbon bow rather than just glueing it. I scrunched some damp felt and left it to dry overnight to wrinkle it before hand-cutting rough circles to make a couple of pink flowers. I stitched a pearly button on to the centre to hold the layers together as felt is a bit tricky to glue.

4 comments:

Cazza said...

Awwwww what a lovely idea and a gorgeous card too, yes much nicer than a bill!!
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Bubbles said...

Lovely card, great flowers and bow, and of course stitching!! thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

NGCARDS said...

Cute card hun! thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

Leah l'Orange said...

very pretty! so bright and happy, and those felty lollipop flowers are wonderful! thank you so much for playing along with the Charisma Galz this week, and good luck! :)

Post a Comment